Transportation Taskforce Project Manager
- Functional area:Supply Chain/Logistics
- Countries:United States (Texas), Sweden
- Company name:Epiroc Drilling Solutions LLC
- Date of Posting:November 13, 2019
- Last date to apply:December 14, 2019
- University degree in supply chain, engineering, economics or other relevant subjects
- 7 - 10years of relevant experience in an international environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work and achieve results in a cross-functional environment
- Experience in supply chain and transportation in a global B2B context
- Strong skills in relevant Business Intelligence systems : TMS, Excel, advanced industrial reporting tools
- This is a 2 year assignment. .
The Transportation Taskforce was created to drive down excessive transportation cost, in particular for air freight, in the global Epiroc distribution supply chains of the
Mining and Rock Excavation Service division (MRS) and the Rock Drilling Tools division (RDT). This initiative is a core element of Epiroc’s strategic supply chain
transformation program (Excellerate!). The Task Force Project manager defines and implements process changes in planning and execution of, global transportation processes to deliver world class cost and service for our customers.
The Task Force Project manager is accountable for transportation process improvements in Epiroc Customer Centers, Divisional supply chain staff and freight forwarders. A significant part of the mission is to analyze
transportation costs, define and implement global initiatives with the goal to increase transportation efficiency. The Transportation Task Force Project Manager is responsible for
this global initiative directing a team of dedicated staff and interfacing with the global Epiroc supply chain community. An important part of the role is to ensure
improvements are sustainable. Therefore regular follow-up on execution of measures is essential.
• Develop monthly transportation cost dashboard and tracking by relevant global entity
• Drive change and collaboration with global Epiroc entities to follow up on performance, define action plans, control implementation of actions
• Interface with global, regional and local transportation management staff to align action plans
Prepare and deliver Task Force progress reports and presentations to executive leadership teams.
• Manage task force projects for MRS and RDT supply chains to drive a more efficient, lower cost transportation structure. Monitor KPIs (financial and operational)
developed in the Excellerate! program
• Develop and maintain analytical tools, work processes and reporting formats to reliably deliver reports on time
• Support in monthly supply chain performance reporting process with principal divisions as well as the supply chain organization
• Strong cooperation to continuously evaluate the effectiveness of the Key Performance Indicators in root cause analysis, to challenge the metrics hierarchy and gather, evaluate and implement new requirements. Formulate root causes, optimization suggestions and improvement opportunities to the global transportation manager
• Translate the root causes in concrete actions or projects, create a platform for the initiatives, generate realistic time and resource plans, and assure the execution of the projects to achieve defined goals
Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. With cutting edge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment, and provides world-class service and consumables. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden, and has passionate people supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries. Epiroc had revenue in 2018 of $ 4.0 billion USD and has more than 14,000 employees. Principal product development and manufacturing units of Epiroc are located in Sweden, the United States, Canada, China and India.
Being the best, is a challenge that we love to live up to. By keeping an open mind and listening to our employees and customers, we continuously set new industry standards and improve the way we work.
Diversity is key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. In the 150 countries where you can find us, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders. This way our employees can grow in the business, wherever they are at their careers, from entry level to senior leadership.
We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
Epiroc USA LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com
Dela detta jobb