Technical Writer to STAR Group!
Interested in the Life Science Industry? Do you have previous experience from technical writing? In that case, you are reading the right advert! We are looking for a candidate that has a strong technical interest and that has an eye for detail. The position as Technical Writer gives you the opportunity to work closely with a team as well as independently at one of STAR Groups well-established clients in Uppsala. If this sounds like your next professional step, we look forward to receiving your application!About the role
“Reliability you can trust today – innovation leadership for tomorrow”. The STAR Group was founded in Switzerland in 1984 and maintains headquarters there, along with more than 50 additional locations in 30 countries. It employs over 1000 people with long-standing industry experience and well-founded specialist knowledge in the areas of software development, engineering, information and language. Read more about what your future colleagues do by clicking THIS link.
As a Technical Writer you will work with a well-established client to STAR Group within the Life Science Industry. The position gives you the opportunity to work closely with a team that produce and maintain technical documentation that supports products manufactured in multiple locations for the client. You will write, edit, and lay out the material for production in print and digital formats as well as update existing material. In summary, the scope of work required covers all aspects of producing print‐ready files and digital versions of technical documentation.
You are offered
- A thorough introduction
- Continuous skills development
- A position that gives you the opportunity to have daily interaction with different departments and you will receive valuable experience within the industry, that in turn will boost your professional development
- Flexible working hours
As a consultant at Academic Work you are offered a great opportunity to grow as a professional, extend your network and establish valuable contacts for the future.
- Produce new technical documentation for new product releases
- Update existing technical documentation
We are looking forA candidate having...
- a MSc or BSc degree in biology chemistry, molecular biology, or related field
- experience in the writing, editing, and production of technical documentation (e g. user manuals)
- proficiency in Microsoft Office and desktop publishing tools including Adobe FrameMaker, Photoshop and Illustrator
- fluency in English, both verbal and written.
- Experience of content management systems
- Experience in a life science or medical device setting
- Experience with online help and XML publishing
As a person you are:
To succeed in this role, we see that you have excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated by original technical writing, document organization, document reorganization or experience editing others’ work.
Start: January 2022
Work extent: Full Time, Office Hours
Location: Uppsala, mostly working from home due to current situation regarding COVID19. On-site work is required when restrictions are lifted.
Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from STAR group that all questions regarding the position is handled by Academic Work.
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
"In a world of ever connected products and services, STAR’s next generation single sourcing model for semantic information provides innovation readiness for digitalization, personalized knowledge delivery, IOT and smart content services. Our market-leading information technologies are powered by artificial intelligence to deliver digital continuity and accelerate human-machine teamwork."
Dela detta jobb