Team Manager SQE (Supplier Quality Engineer) in the Strategic global sourcing department at Atlas Copco Industrial Technique.
Do you want to work in an international setting with an extensive cross-functional network?
Do you want to be part of a leading edge technology company with great outlooks for your future?
We are looking for a Team Manager SQE to the supplier value engineering department, which is a department within the strategic global sourcing department.
You will manage a team of highly competent SQEs with the mission to secure that strategic sourcing strategies are followed, to optimize the long-term quality, environment and cost. This is a fast-moving team that will have frequent cooperation with strategic sourcing, suppliers, operation, R&D and marketing.
In this role, you will also act as a SQE and have supplier responsibility.
As team manager, you have personnel responsibility for the team located in Sweden with everyday leadership and coaching, salary reviews, performance appraisals, recruitments and to develop and optimize the working routines together with the Supplier Value Engineering Team.
Your job responsibilities are including - but not limited to - the following:
- Develop the SQE team and coordinate and lead the work within supplier value engineering department.
- Drive quality, environment and social assurance in our supplier base in a proactive way for the future.
- Develop routines to secure the value engineering concept and developed the cooperation between departments, both within strategic sourcing, R&D and our production sites.
- Together with Project buyer team and R&D secure that parts/products are designed to be produced by the supplier with optimized Quality, Delivery and Total Cost over the total product life cycle.
- Develop a test strategy at our supplier base together with R&D and sourcing department.
- Be responsible to drive and perform supplier audits and quality assurance activities - pro-active evaluation, review and corrective actions follow-up within the team and with the strategic sourcing department.
- Supplier selection and evaluation - contributes to global sourcing decisions and to ensure supply base meets fundamental Quality Management System requirements.
- Supplier Relationship Management - act as the quality interface and functional owner in the supplier partnership process (Q-quality, D-delivery, C - commercial, P - product development)
- Supplier KPI management and follow up - monitoring, root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Close cooperation with the plants, R&D department and sourcing team to ensure adequate quality specifications are provided and that “how it´s made” knowledge is optimized
- Supplier Quality – Evaluation, review and corrective actions follow-up.
- Collaborate with Design department and Purchasing to ensure adequate quality specifications are provided to suppliers to meet part quality expectations.
To succeed in this position, you need a commercial mindset and quality knowledge within manufacturing and/or design. We picture you have at least 5 years of experience where you gained knowledge of various quality management system, manufacturing processes, value engineering and the product development process.
As you will be working on an international arena, your English must be excellent, written and spoken alike. Swedish and other languages are a plus. International applications are welcome but we will prioritize Swedish habitants.
University or College degree from a technical field or similar experience.
We are looking for a person love being an expert within your area and to use your competence to reach out and develop Atlas Copcos supplier relations and collaborations. The role includes making, sometimes tough, requirements and finding a common way to see things. To succeed in this your are a great communicator with a simplicity to be clear in your message and dialog. Also, you are an engaged coworker, fair in your judgment, a person to trust. You are driven by developing successful processes, finding new and better way of doing things.
Our office is situated in Nacka, Stockholm
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com