Software & Validation eng. for mission on European Space Agency
Do you want to work in an exciting environment in a service with a technical height? Then you should apply for the service as Software & Validation Engineer with us!
What will you work with?
As a consultant at Modis, you will have the opportunity to work with both large and small organizations and assignments. From Modis we work with customers in Västerås, Eskilstuna, Köping, and the surrounding area.
Right now, I am looking for a specific assignment for the Institute for Space Physics (IRF) in Uppsala. There you will work in a European Space Agency (ESA) project. This is a temporary assignment from 01/04/2019 - 31/08/2020.
Specific tasks to be performed:
Within the Flight Software Systems Section, support is provided to the JUICE Mission and in particular to the Radio Plasma and Wave Instrument (RPWI) which will characterize the radio emission and plasma environment of the Jupiter System.The contractor will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section to work for the Swedish Institute of Space Physics in Uppsala on site and will be in charge of the following (initial) tasks:
• Development and validation of the software for the Radio Plasma and Wave Instrument (RPWI) of the ESA JUICE mission.
- Perform unit testing of the Instrument software.
- Generating and maintenance of the required software documentation.
General tasks to be performed:
• Development of Software Validation Facility components as well for the generic facilities as special project applications. This includes processor emulators, simulation of spacecraft systems and spacecraft dynamics.
- Tasks within design, test and validation of on-boards software.
- Task within customization of real-time operating systems for space applications.
- Tasks within maintenance and expert support within the software development tool-set.
- Tasks within system evaluation, testing and performance characterization of telecommunication systems as networking via satellite or network management.
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for the Section´s technology program.
Who are you as a person? If you like technology, is a team player with the ability to deliver good results, then you will fit in with us!
We believe that you have a A PhD or Msc or equivalent qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electronic Engineering or a related discipline. Due to the operational nature of the role, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required.
In order to handle the tasks we see that you have the following experiences:
• Software Engineering.
- Programming language: C and debugging skills (gdb).
- Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels (RTEMS).
- Methods for validation and unit testing.
The following experience is considered an asset:
• Communication protocols (SpaceWire, Simple Serial Interface (SSI)).
- Familiarity with test automation.
- Programming language: TCL.
- Knowledge of PUS ECSS-E-ST-70-41A Telemetry and telecommand packet utilization.
- Knowledge of SPARC LEON3 and multicore processor.
- Software Engineering tools (GNU/Linux, Makefile, Python, gcc, git).
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C.Programvaruverktyg (GNU / Linux, Makefile, Python, Gcc, Git).
About Swedish Institute of Space Physics
The Swedish Institute of Space Physics (Institutet för rymdfysik, IRF) is a governmental research institute with about 100 employees. Its primary task is to carry out basic research, education and associated observatory activities in space physics, space technology and atmospheric physics. IRF has employees in Kiruna, Umeå, Uppsala and Lund. The main office is located in Kiruna in northern Sweden. IRF has satellite instruments orbiting the Earth, Mars and Saturn; instruments from IRF have recently made measurements round the moon and Venus; two instruments are on a spacecraft at present observing the comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko; three instruments have been developed for a combined European and Japanese mission to Mercury in 2018; and IRF has responsibility for two instruments on a major European mission to Jupiter and its icy moons in 2022.
At Modis, we constantly strive to help our customers and consultants become successful. As a consultant, you are our top priority and when you need us we will be there for you. We introduce you to our business and our customers. Your views are valued and in order to stay ahead, you are active in Modis business development and together we create offers for the market.
By becoming our colleague, your everyday life as a consultant will be varied with assignments in various projects in various industries, systems and environments. Your experience bank will grow as well as your social and professional contact network. As a consultant, you are covered by collective agreements, insurance, occupational health care, wellness allowances and discounts on training cards. In order for us to get more from each other, we regularly organize social activities.
Modis delivers a broad base of services and competencies within IT, Engineering and Life Science. Our services are characterized by speed, simplicity and quality. Modis is represented in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia with over 100 offices and with more than 35,000 colleagues on a daily basis.
Does this sound interesting?
Then you should apply to us as soon as possible! Apply through the link below or that you simply call or contact us.
If you want to become part of Modis or want to know more about the services and assignments we offer, please contact the person responsible, Business Manager, Gustav Tenerz 073-68 47 007, Gustav.Tenerz@modis.se
Welcome to your application!