We are now looking for a Scientist / Site Responsible Engineer to our pilot plant in Stenungsund.
The role will be responsible for running the pilot plant efficiently and safely, with main focus on product development and research. You will contribute to new products, new processes, and improvements in all application / technology segments, and frequently lead the later stages of global projects.
We offer an exciting key role with a lot of exposure towards different projects and functions. It is an opportunity to develop a unique knowledge, experience and network, and create a good platform for a continued career within the business.
- Act as an expert in synthesis and process chemistry related tasks and questions related to new product development/research, process optimizations, customer complaints, trouble shooting in the plant etc.
- Shared responsibility of equipment and instruments with the aim to maintain modern and efficient facilities that fulfill quality demands and HSE legislations.
- Independently run assignments both for internal and external customers, and interpret the results.
- Proactively communicate results and suggestions to customers in order to ensure that results, samples and used resources fit business needs.
- Report results according to the routines in the management system.
- Be updated with the capabilities of the Surface Chemistry plants.
- Instruct and lead personnel performing experiments, sampling and maintenance within a designated activity or project.
- MSc in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Good skills in process chemistry, process safety, chemical engineering and wet chemical analysis
- Basic skills in surface chemistry analysis
- Good knowledge in practical lab/pilot work and equipment
- Product knowledge, good understanding of functionalities and basic application knowledge
- Good project leadership skills, business acumen and customer focus
- Excellent problem-solving capability and ability to handle complex and difficult assignments
- Excellent compliance and knowledge with regards to HSE regulations
- Structured with the ability to prioritize and take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Good Swedish skills
Why join us?Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work? Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. We offer you countless career opportunities. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
Additional informationThis is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Section Manager Product & Process Research and based in Stenungsund. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Thomas Ljungdahl, Section Manager Product & Process Research, +733 85 56 97.
For information about the recruitment process or your application, please contact Kristina Nygren, Senior Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 58 74 77.
For unions related questions please contact:
Sveriges Ingenjörer, Anna-Lena Palm +46 303 851 13
Unionen, Magnus Svensson +46 303 858 38
If you have any general questions or need assistance, please contact: Recruiting.SE@nouryon.com
We look forward to your application!
More about the businessNouryon has about 10,000 employees and operate in over 80 countries around the world. Over the course of our nearly 400-year journey to become a global specialty chemicals leader, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term customer partnerships, and earned a place among the best performing companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability. Our products play an essential role in everyday life for people around the globe.
Surface Chemistry operates in 50 countries, employing over 1500 people. Based in Chicago, IL, United States, with regional marketing centers in Bridgewater, NJ, United States, Singapore and Stenungsund, Sweden, we are leading supplier of specialty surfactants and synthetic and bio-polymers additives. We service a wide range of industries including agro, asphalt, cleaning, fabric care, mining, personal care and petroleum.
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.