The Measurement and Analytical Science (MAS) group, part of RD&I EMEIA, Surface Chemistry, works with analyses of exciting and newly developed products as well as with development and validation of analytical methods. The group provides expertise in analytical chemistry to our Global Research & Development and Technical Service & Development groups in research projects and customer complaints and production issues.
The MAS team offers an inspiring work environment allowing both independent and team/project work. The daily work offers a twist of great variation; supporting application areas from hairspray to asphalt and working with anything from research samples to ton scale plant issues that need immediate attention.
We are now looking for a Senior Researcher to the MAS team. You will be working mainly in Wet Chemistry and Surface Chemistry. In addition to this you will also collaborate with, and to some extent work in, our other expertise areas Chromatography and NMR.
- Run analytical experiments, interpret and report the results according to routines.
- Act as an expert in identification and quantification questions related to new product development, customer complaints, trouble shooting in production issues etc.
- Take an active part in small and larger projects, within and outside the group.
- Independently and in teams run assignments, in accordance to prioritizations.
- Develop and maintain expertise in Wet Chemistry and NMR, be updated with all techniques used in the group on a general level to ensure that the tasks are resolved using the best available techniques.
- Develop, implement, validate and take responsibility for analytical methods and instruments (e.g automated titration, IR, UV/Vis, Karl Fischer, TGA, DSC), with the aim to have accurate and reliable analytical techniques that fulfill quality demands and HSE legislations.
- Develop and maintain a good Surface Chemistry product know how.
- Take an active part in the lab by contributing to housekeeping in a positive way and work with continuous improvement; propose changes that promote safety, quality, reliability and efficiency
- We are looking for an expert in Wet Chemical analyses holding a MSc in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with around 5 years of relevant experience or a PhD/Licentiate in a relevant topic.
- Excellent skills in Wet Chemistry Analyses.
- Good competence in spectroscopy (NMR, IR).
- Good understanding of Chromatography.
- Good knowledge and understanding of validation/statistics.
- Excellent skills regarding equipment and an expert in practical lab work.
- Good knowledge in organic chemistry.
- Good understanding of Surface Chemistry (Surface tension, cmc, Contact angle, QCM-D).
- Good understanding of ISO 17025.
- Excellent English skills and good knowledge in Swedish.
- On a personal level you are proactive and enjoy working both independently and in teams. You are well organized and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Why join us?Nouryon is a company where you can build a meaningful career and make a significant contribution to the development of our business, our customers, and society as a whole.
Click here to know more about our business.
Additional informationThis is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Section Manager MAS and based in Stenungsund. Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter. We do not accept applications via e-mail, these applications will be disregarded.
For further information about the position please contact Liselotte Hansen, Section Manager MAS, +46 733-85 55 75.
For information about the recruitment process please contact Åsa Stafström, Talent Resourcing Partner, + 46 709-57 76 45.
For union related questions, please contact:
Sveriges Ingenjörer, Anna-Lena Palm +46 303 851 13
Unionen, Magnus Svensson +46 303 858 38
If you have any general questions or need assistance please contact: Recruiting.SE@nouryon.com
We look forward to your application!
Do not forget to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for regular updates of new exciting positions and stories about our achievements.
We perform drug tests on all employees as a part of our effort to maintain a drug-free environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.