Senior Research Scientist at AstraZeneca
Modis is a staffing & recruiting company and is part of the Adecco Group, the world´s leading HR-solutions provider across 60 countries. This scale and scope ensures Modis is truly a global community. Our mission is to be the Leading Professional Services Company by finding the right match between you as a candidate and you as a customer. We are a team with various and complementary backgrounds within Life Science, Engineering and Technology. We can ensure that we understand our customer needs and we can ensure that we understand the competence-profiles of our applicants and candidates.
We are now looking for a a Senior Research Scientist to AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. This is a consultancy position, initially for 6 months, and is planned to start in March 2019.
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
A position has arisen for a highly motivated Senior Research Scientist to join the Mechanistic Biology & Profiling Department within the Discovery Sciences IMED Biotech Unit in Gothenburg, Sweden. You will apply proven biochemistry and cell biology expertise in microplate formats and a passion for driving scientific questions, combined with strong team working ethics, to drug discovery projects. You will join a team whose remit is to support our drug discovery projects globally with delivery of SAR profiling and detailed mechanism of action data.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a lab-based role, providing in vitro target-based and phenotypic screening to support projects in all phases of the discovery process. The role involves delivery of high-quality biological profiling to our drug discovery projects, including independent planning and execution of experiments, troubleshooting and timely reporting of data according to agreed timelines.
- Candidates should have a Ph.D. or a first degree and at least 4 years´ experience within a relevant scientific discipline
- Strong experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques applied to development of physiologically relevant cellular assays
- Expertise in the design, development and validation of cellular assays for compound profiling.
- Experience in mass spectrometry for small molecules and proteins
- Experience in design and execution of complex pharmacology studies to understand compound mechanism of action
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to operate effectively in a multidisciplinary research environment
- Independent analysis and evaluation of complex data and delivery of data to agreed timelines
- Proven ability in providing technical leadership and guidance to others
- Track record of identifying and adopting scientific and technical advances
- Scientific visibility and leadership through project contributions and external publications
- Excellent problem-solving skills not limited to own area of expertise
- First-rate decision-making skills, coupled with tenacity to see decisions through, even in situations of ambiguity
Send your application today! For questions, contact Cecilia Larzon (firstname.lastname@example.org)