Senior Project Engineers, electrical design for offshore & industrial installations
Take your next career step at ABB Norway (Oslo) with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Norway PAEN (Process Automation and Energy Industries) is involved in projects delivering electrical equipment and advanced control systems covering a broad field of applications. For this position we are looking to expand our team to primarily address the oil and gas market in growth, where advanced electrical solutions are taken in use to lower carbon footprint. As ABB is involved in offshore wind, power from shore, subsea systems, land-based industry, advanced buildings, onshore and offshore fish farms, hydro power plants and more, you can also be involved in activities in those fields of application.
- As project engineer you are accountable for delivery in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, cost estimates and safety requirements of the project.
- You provide technical support for engineering, testing, installation and commissioning activities and acts as a technical specialist with good knowledge on electrical systems.
- In this role, you work close with the project management team, the project engineering team, suppliers and customers.
- It is natural for you to coach, support and advise both colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Engineering & Design of electrical distribution plants, including medium and low voltage switchboards, transformers, rotating equipment, high voltage equipment and more.
- Design solutions and follow up specifications according to customer’s requirements.
- Implement customer functional requirements into ABB’s products.
- Follow up and execute review and upgrade-activities in projects The position involves work together with Norwegian and internationals customers and vendors therefore some travelling must be expected.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. or equivalent in Electric Power Engineering
- Fluent in a Scandinavian language as this is required to fulfill contractual requirements with our customers,
- Able to communicate in English verbal and written.
- Commercial awareness
- Team player and service minded
- Eager to learn and develop yourself and your colleagues
- Can combine theoretical knowledge and practical skills
Required Competence and Experience:
You preferably have a previous experience as a Senior Engineer in electrical projects, where your scope has covered most of the following
- Medium Voltage packages (AIS and GIS. 5-22kV)
- Low Voltage switchboards.
- Dry type transformers.
- Knowledge of multifunction protection relays & their role in a power system is a must.
- Knowledge to electrical control networks (IEC 61850).
It is a major benefit if you are familiar with interfacing electrical equipment with automation systems. Experience with “hands-on” programming/testing and commissioning of protection relays for HV and LV (experience as commissioning-engineer) is a benefit. As our projects stretch from early concept evaluations to retrofit on existing plants we appreciate candidates with experience in study projects and / or FEED.
Dela detta jobb