We are currently looking for a Senior Power Electronics Hardware Designer with strong knowledge on Electrical Vehicle (EV) Technology to our Engineering Competence Centre to take on the challenge within Power Electronics with completely digital control.
In this position, you will be responsible for design of converters in the field of power electronics with special focus on DC-DC, AC-DC, DC-AC converters. The work includes analysis and experimental work in our lab environment.
Essential Skills required (as many from list below):
- We expect more than 2 years experiences on Power Electronics Design (new topological circuits) including digital control.
- We are also searching for persons with deep understanding of development EV technologies and of simulations.
- An experience from various topology families is very much appreciated, especially for electrical vehicle solutions.
- The candidate should have solid experience of switch power converter design: capacitor/magnetic material selection and design and verification for mass production.
- We would prefer if the candidate has the ability to analyse the overall unit cost and its reliability and also possesses knowledge of EMC design in the power electronic area.
- We also expect the candidate to have a sincere interest of novel power electronics techniques and development trends.
- We require PhD degree in electrical engineering with mention on power electronics or equivalent background.
Additional skills required:
- In this position it is necessary to be comfortable with hands-on work in a lab-environment and with a proven skill in simulation tools. For example Mathlab/PSIM/MathCad, etc.
- The candidate can of course communicate fluently in English, both verbally and in writing.
- We expect that the candidate can work independently as well as in a team.
- The candidate should have a high focus on delivering high quality work.
- The candidate should have a strong feeling and interest for development and to share experiences with others in the team and have a proven capability to pursue creative solutions.
- Prior experience from international and multicultural work is preferred.
- Responsible for design DC-DC, AC-DC, DC-AC converters.
- Responsible for EV energy conversion system.
- Responsible for detailed design and experimental verification of hardware and software in the etc.
- Work with teammates to implement cost-effective/high efficient/high reliability power solutions for EV Technologies.