Senior Design Engineer/Specialist - Composites
GKN Aerospace is one of the world’s largest independent first tier suppliers to the global aviation industry. With over 100 year’s aerospace experience, we harness our considerable nowledge and advanced manufacturing technologies to supply high-value, integrated assemblies in both metallic and composite materials. GKN Aerospace Sweden AB, with 2000 employees, is located in Trollhättan Sweden.
GKN Aerospace Sweden AB is a part of GKN Aerospace Engine Systems (“AES”). AES have 4,000 people working in 12 manufacturing sites in Sweden, Norway, USA and Mexico.
Are you interested to join our team at GKN to create the Composite Factory of the Future together
with or team at the Global Technology Center?
Driven by the vision of sustainable aerospace innovation, GKN Aerospace develop new design
concepts for lower weight and integrated functionality for future aviation. The Global Technology
Center develops the next generation designs, materials, manufacturing methods and digital factory
solutions for GKN Engines.
The department of Digital factory and Composite Technology now has an open position for a Senior
Design Engineer with emphasis on design and verification including requirement criteria for
Composite materials in our aero engine structures. You are an Engineer with a strong competence
profile in Composites and that is interested in working with design and material questions related to
the design of our future engine components but also to work closely together with University
partners around research on composite materials coupled to our products.
We are looking for a Senior Design Engineer to our Research Centre with a strong interest in
composite design in general and emphasis on Aerospace applications. You will work with design and
material questions related to our future Engine component designs and can lead work packages
where we work together with our University partners on Research questions for composite
You will work with development of the next generation technologies for compressor and fan
structures in composite and metallic materials. The work is performed in internal technology
development projects, technology demonstrators and in research projects often done in bilateral or
multilateral collaboration with our partners in the EU as well as in the USA. Your work will typically
- Selecting the best combination of materials for specific product applications.
- Creating designs and composite ply layups using modern designs tools
- Specifying the design criteria and tests of composite structures to fulfil design and
- Working to avoid problems arising during the manufacturing process for the finished product
- Helping to ensure that products comply with national and international legal and standards
- Considering the costs implications of materials used and alternatives, in terms of both time
- You are a Design Engineer with an MSc degree in Design or Mechanical Engineering with
some years of experience designing composites.
- You can create 3D Composite design definitions and layups in CAD. (Preferably NX)
- You have the ability to interpret the research program needs regarding material selection
and proper design criteria and have good ability to communicate and present results
internally as well as with our research partners
- You can act as a leader for research in the field of composite design and materials for engine
- You have good social skills, the ability to create effective networks and can take on a
technical responsibility role
- You are proficient in English, which the GKN Group language
Our partner is the recruitment company Premier. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call recruitment consultant / consulting manager Anders Kristiansen on tel. 0707-858647. You can send in your application via Premier's website, www.premier.se. In this process, we will work with ongoing selection, so feel free to send your application today.
Due to the new data protection regulation GDPR, we ask you to exclude the last four digits of your social security number as well as any reference contacts in your application / CV.
Welcome with your application!
Dela detta jobb