Senior Analyst- Vattenfall
How will the energy system function in a decarbonizing world?
Strategic Development is looking for a Senior Analyst with analytical ability and leadership skills to join their growing team spanning Stockholm, Amsterdam and Berlin. This is an exciting opportunity to help the function merge the worlds of analysis and strategy.
At Vattenfall, we believe climate change is one of the most significant challenges of our time and have decided for a clear goal – Fossil Free Living within One Generation! Are you curious, a people person, astute and passionate about the opportunity energy can have on a most pressing global issue? Join us as our new Senior Analyst.
As a Senior Analyst you will be part of the Market Insights team within Strategy & Business Development and your analysis will have a direct impact on Vattenfall’s core business. You will be a member of a driven core team and part of a wider community of energy market experts and from a unique perspective within Vattenfall, contribute to decision making on the corporate level.
The main deliverable of the team, is the Long Term Market Outlook (LTMO), a scenario-based price framework for power price development, which is used throughout Vattenfall for strategic decision making and asset valuation. You will have a crucial role in the team for continental power market modelling. Your proficient understanding of the electricity wholesale market economics as well as your IT affinity will be the basis to provide insightful fundamental analysis according to the LTMO stakeholder’s needs. Your ability to translate complex modelling issues into insights suitable for upper management will make the difference.
As a Senior Analyst, you will be a key to the Long-Term Market Outlook (LTMO) and the quantitative models underlying investment/divestment projects in Vattenfall. Your main tasks:
• Active engagement with stakeholders to understand their specific needs
• Operating and developing the continental power price model
• Supporting stakeholders with fundamental power market analysis and modeling for decision support, in particular:
o Providing long-term price forecasts and tailor-made analyses
o Creating and running scenario analysis supporting strategic decision making
o Supporting Vattenfall’s business with long-term market analysis and fundamental market insights
Your qualifications as Senior Analyst
• You hold a degree in engineering, economics, econometrics, mathematics, physics, or equivalent qualifications and experience
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in power market modelling
• Knowledge of the energy and commodity markets and power plant optimisation, energy economics, fundamental and dispatch modelling, plant valuation
• Expertise in quantitative methods, power modelling, mathematical optimisation
• Computer literacy, in particular programming skills (Python, MATLAB) are preferred
• Strong communicator when it comes to sharing insights and giving advice to the business
• Team player and work well as part of an international team
• A curious and analytical mind with the ability to think out of the box, taking own initiative. Willingness to leave your comfort zone and learn new things
• Performance-oriented and customer-focused
• Willing to travel (occasionally)
• Strong communication skills in English, both verbally and written; Dutch, German or Swedish language skills are an advantage
We offer a challenging and international work environment where you will have a pivotal role in driving Vattenfall’s fossil free living within one generation goal. We believe in diverse and inclusive teams and you will be working in interdisciplinary teams and can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development. At Vattenfall we also offer staff benefits such as favorable occupational pension agreements, parental leave allowances, flexible working hours and more. Read more about our benefits here: https://careers.vattenfall.com/se/jobba-med-oss/ersattning-formaner.
Location: Amsterdam, Berlin or Stockholm.
We welcome your application in English , including CV and cover through the portal, last day to apply 20th October 2021. Selection and interviews are held after last application date. We do not accept applications through email.
For more information about the role, please reach out to Director of Strategic Competence Neil McLauchlan, Neil.Mclauchlan@vattenfall.com.
For more information about the recruiting process, contact recruiter Carolina Bölander, Carolina.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Shahriar Badiei (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living building by building, district by district, city by city.
Diversity and inclusion – in everything we do
Read more on how we work with diversity and inclusion here:
Strategy & Business Development (S&BD) is part of Staff Function Strategic Development at corporate level in Vattenfall. We exist to accelerate Vattenfall’s transition towards its goal, fossil free living within one generation. There are four functions in S&BD; Market Insights develop scenarios, provide a deep understanding of main energy industry trends; Group Strategy, are responsible for ensuring Vattenfall is a leader in the energy transition and a thriving business today and in the future; Business Development, find and realize new business opportunities that will enable fossil-free living in one generation and; Asset Owner Support, focus on internal collaboration and creating value for Vattenfall’s asset owning businesses.
Dela detta jobb