Research scientist – RIA Bioscience at AstraZeneca, Gothenburg
Modis is a staffing & recruiting company and is part of the Adecco Group, the world´s leading HR-solutions provider across 60 countries. This scale and scope ensures Modis is truly a global community. Our mission is to be the Leading Professional Services Company by finding the right match between you as a candidate and you as a customer. We are a team with various and complementary backgrounds within Life Science, Engineering and Technology. We can ensure that we understand our customer needs and we can ensure that we understand the competence-profiles of our applicants and candidates.
We are now seeking for a Research scientist – RIA Bioscience to AstraZeneca in Gothenburg.
About the customer
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
We are currently looking for a scientist with excellent laboratory skills to join the Bioscience Department within the Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity Innovative Medicine Unit in Gothenburg, Sweden. You will be joining one of 5 teams within the department that is currently supporting both early and late stage respiratory projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the team you will execute in vitro experiments as well as support analysis from both in vitro and in vivo studies to progress our drug discovery projects and publishable scientific insights. You are encouraging to actively take part of scientific discussion to add valuable input in experiment design, data interpretation to drive projects and techniques. This is a lab-based role where you will be involved in multiple ongoing projects with responsibility to analyze samples from experiments/studies from various cells and tissues for both in vivo studies and from patients.
We are looking for someone with experience in immunoassays such as Western blots, ELISA, MSD, Luminex etc.
- To be an effective team member in supporting drug discovery projects to meet their objectives
- To conduct where appropriate in parallel more than one area of work to agreed timelines
- Can contribute to writing peer-reviewed publications, abstracts and patents
- Responsible for ensuring that their scientific knowledge influences project progression in
accordance with portfolio priorities
- A PhD or BSc/MSc with relevant experimental experience
- Good social and communication skills and to be a strong team player
- Candidates should be able to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude.
- Hands-on experience in immonoassays such as Western blots, ELISA.
- Good organizational skills are required
- Excellent English is required, both spoken and in writing.
The following skills are highly desirable
- Experience in the use of immunological, pharmacological, cellular or molecular methods relevant to the study of respiratory disease
- Experience in the use of in vitro, in vivo or ex vivo research methods relevant to the study of mechanisms underlying respiratory disease
Please submit your application today, or by latest 2019-03-04 by attaching your CV and personal letter (interviews are held continuously).
If you have any questions about the assignment, do not hesitate and contact Markus Dahl (firstname.lastname@example.org).