R&D Manager Dust and Slurry Management Equipment
Our mission for the Dust and Slurry Product Area is to be the innovation market leader in protecting our customers from exposure to dust and slurry on construction job sites. The Dust and Slurry Engineering Team is located in our headquarter in Gothenburg, Sweden and consists of 15 highly engaged mechanical-, electrical-, prototype- and testing engineers. You report to the Director R&D and are a member of the Business Unit´s Global R&D Management team where you collaborate with R&D Managers from our Engineering Teams in Sweden, Bulgaria and India.
Your mission is to expand our technical leadership though innovative and competitive solutions to suppress, collect and dispose dust and slurry as well as cleaning air.
- Create prerequisites for your team to succeed and be engaged
- Overall responsible for R&D Operations and Infrastructure.
- Ensure that Pre-Development, New Product Development and Product Maintenance activities are planned and executed successfully internally as well as at our suppliers.
- Understand end customers´ as well as compliance needs and translate them into solutions which create value.
- Define and execute technology- and feature roadmaps to secure market leadership.
- IP and Patent Management
- Deliver input to Product Management for Product Portfolio Plans.
- Proactively set deliverable roadmaps with our central engineering departments in regards to electronics, software, compliance and primary development.
- Systematically and continuously improve our way of working.
- Serve the team with senior technical leadership.
- Manage your R&D spending within the agreed budget
Your Technical Skills and Experiences
- Experience from R&D Management
- Senior engineering experience from relevant product systems (vacuum cleaners, cyclones, vents, filters, etc) or disciplines (fluid dynamics, particle separation, filtration, etc.) is a benefit
- Experience in People Development and Management.
- Experience in product development methodologies and processes.
- Fluent in English, Swedish is a benefit
- Experience in Lean Agile Product development is a benefit
- Being a role model in creating an engaging, curious, creative, active, open and positive environment of collaboration within the global organization.
- Value the team’s success higher than the own and lead the team from within in an inspiring way.
- Objective focused with a positive driving attitude
- Creative and visionary with good analytical skills and the ability to structure the work
- Able to quickly build up a personal network of sustainable relations.
- Seeks to listen and understand before being understood while being an inspiring communicator
- Enjoys to be hands-on in our engineering workshops and testing sites
Final day to apply is 4th August.
We are looking forward to read your application so please do not wait to register. We will work with continuous selection.
For more information about the recruitment process or the position, please contact:
Hiring manager – Martin Huber, email@example.com, mobile. +46 722 394214
Recruiter – Malin Tengelin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Husqvarna Construction, a division of the Husqvarna Group, is a world leader in machinery and diamond tools for the construction and stone industries. The foundation is built on user-centric innovation and providing best-in-class service and customer support. Products and services are distributed globally in all relevant sales channels. In 2018 revenue was SEK 5.76 billion, generating an EBIT of about 13%.
We globally serve 4 main business segments: Concrete Surfaces & Floors, Concrete Sawing & Drilling, Light Demolition and Natural Stone. Our equipment and related diamond tools are primarily used in the renovation and construction of commercial properties, in infrastructure projects such as highways and bridges. We do business in over 100 countries and have employees in 40 countries.