Looking for the next step in your career? For our Wind Procurement Team we are now looking for an ambitious
Project Procurement Manager
to match the growth in renewable energy that will focus on Offshore wind farm projects. The location for positions is flexible (London, Amsterdam, Kolding or Stockholm).
Your job as a Project Procurement Manager
As a Project Procurement Manager you will be liaising with our Procurement Category Managers, Commercial Managers and other representatives from the business to develop and implement processes and procedures to address portfolio wide topics in the offshore space, including but not limited to:
- Designing and implementing a robust process to maintain and develop contract standards to be used in offshore procurement
- Gather lessons learned at the key tollgates of each project’s life-cycle (development, construction, generation and decommissioning)
- Lead round-the-table discussions to embed these lessons learned to create a contract standard that reflects best industry practices
- Ensure cross-category alignment to reduce contractual interface risk
- Support the gathering of risk and opportunities in the various categories through Supplier Forums, as well as helping to manage issue escalations where necessary
- Support the Category Managers in defining a contracting strategy for each project during the development phase
- Support the Category Managers in developing that strategy towards the supply-chain (for example with the use of Qualification Systems)
You will need to work pro-actively, building relationships at all levels of the organisation and sell the value of procurement, our policies and processes.
You will drive procurement activities having a clear and visible presence towards the supply-chain managing market engagement, qualification, tendering, evaluation, negotiation and preparing contract award decisions for Wind projects, ensuring best value and compliance with the Vattenfall objectives and principles.
Your profile as a Project Procurement Manager
- You are degree qualified (or equivalent), with a minimum of 3 years of experience working on CAPEX procurement projects and has in best case experience working within the wind energy industry
- You have very good legal understanding and your negotiation experience on standards forms of contract (e.g. FIDIC, Logic) is excellent
- Your command of English is strong, both verbally and written
- You are a person that has experience in driving business in an international environment, ideally has knowledge of wind projects and has knowledge of project management processes
- You also have experience of driving change towards lean processes and ensures adoption and improvement of defined standards
- As a person you are a strategic thinker, an effective communicator good interpersonal skills, proven commercial mindset and an excellent ability to build networks
- You are a team player who actively engages people by asking, sharing, helping or asking for help and you are pro-active, transparent, performance and results oriented
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
What we offer
The role offers you work in an outstanding commercial and international environment with lots of opportunities for driving change and transforming the way Vattenfall conducts business by maintaining deep understanding on specific parts of the market and driving value from the supply-chain at best value for the company.
You will get exposure to every aspect of bringing new wind farms, and other renewable technologies, to market in sometimes challenging environments, providing a varied and stimulating career as well as an excellent platform to further develop yourself.
Mirroring our activities, one of the successful candidate will be preferably based in Hamburg whilst remaining flexible with travel to Kolding, London, Stockholm or Amsterdam.
Vattenfall is Europe’s 7th largest electricity generator and the largest producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, The Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieve climate neutrality by 2050.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact recruiting manager recruiting Katja Menge +49 (0)172 3478495. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Bettina Keil +49 40 79022 2289.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link further down the page.
We look forward to your application!