Project Leader - MRS Inventory Taskforce
Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining and infrastructure industries. With cutting-edge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction.
The division Mining and Rock Excavation Service provides a broad range of services with the aim of maximizing customers’ productivity. We focus on spare parts supply, professional service, support solutions and training. The divisional headquarters are located in Örebro, Sweden, and the distribution centers are located in China, Sweden and the United States.
Your mission in this project leader role is to lead the MRS inventory reduction taskforce team within the Excellerate! program and report results to the Excellerate! program leadership and MRS divisional management. You will work globally to identify inventory reduction/improvement opportunities and deliver a successful implementation together with the local entities.
Job description – focus areas
Inventory Reduction and Improvement Projects
- Drive regular excess and obsolete inventory reduction meetings with Distribution Centers and Customer Centers to ensure good quality action plans and timelines
- Identify, promote & support redistribution opportunities
- Coordinate with marketing around sales opportunities
- Identify (cross-functional) inventory reduction/improvement opportunities
- Identify and be a driver to solve process and system issues that are causing excess and obsolete inventory
- Ensure successful implementation of inventory reduction projects (tools & processes)
Reporting & Analysis
- Coach local teams to provide accurate inventory projections
- Share scorecard updates and inventory projections with management
- Drive month-end inventory analysis and follow up on anomalies
- Identify root causes for deviations from target and pro-actively spot inventory risks and report them to management
Change Management & Training
- Support the Excellerate! change management team and be an active change agent in order to create awareness of the cost of inventory
- Communicate inventory reduction successes within Epiroc
- Ensure sustainable integration of inventory reduction processes into the line organization (post-Excellerate!)
Education and experience
- Supply chain experience and experience from working in global supply chain transformation projects is a prerequisite
- Project management experience in end-to-end supply chain management involving planning, sourcing, production, distribution, inventory management
- Experience from working with inventory management in a global organization and achieving inventory/project targets in challenging setups
- Strong English communication skill both verbal and written. Additional language(s) will be preferred
- Master’s degree and/or specialization in supply chain, logistics, operations, or related degree.
To succeed in this role you shall have a strong personal drive, with the ability to work independently. You have great communication skills both in speech and writing and use the network around you to achieve results. You are analytical, like to identify improvement opportunities and better ways of doing things. You are customer focused, proactive and results oriented. It is important that you have a structural way of working and can manage multiple project plans and activities. Since you will coordinate activities globally you have an interest in working internationally and have excellent interpersonal skills and understanding of different cultures.
Location and travel
This position is located in Sweden. It is a temporary position for 12 months. Occasional travel globally is required.
Application and contacts
In this recruitment process we review applications continuously. Welcome with your application as soon as possible, but no later than 2019-09-29.
For questions about the position please contact recruiting manager or recruiter:
Johan Zander, Vice President Parts Operations, +46 (0) 72-242 05 03
Helena Fiedler, Recruiter, +46 (0) 70-591 90 33
United. Inspired. Performance unites us, Innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward. In the 150 countries where you can find Epiroc, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders.
We are committed to give you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere. Diversity and sustainability are key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. Epiroc is a leading manufacturer for the mining and infrastructure industries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com