About the company
ÅF is an engineering and design company within the fields of energy, industry and infrastructure. We create sustainable solutions for the next generation through talented people and technology. We are based in Europe and our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF Making Future.
About the job
Our Automotive team in Trollhättan is looking for additional colleagues to support a new in-house automotive project.
You will be part of the automotive Chassis team within ÅF that consists of a range of automotive and project experts.
We are seeking a number of committed and competent employees with at least 5 years’ experience in vehicle development or major industrial projects with equivalent work experience. Either you are a Design Engineer or a Project Engineer to your profile.
Areas of responsibility/roles where we are looking for new employees to reinforce our current Chassis team with this application:
- Subframe, control arms, links, shock absorbers, springs, bushings.
- Foundation and actuation, controls, pipes, parking brake, pedal box
C. Wheels & tires
- Rims, tires, jack, repair kit
- Steering column, steering gear, steering control
E. Powertrain mounts
- Bushings, driveshaft
We can offer an innovative, dynamic, experienced multi-project environment.You will have the opportunity to work with new technologies in the area of project and product development.
A great opportunity to explore and learn more about engineering and team work. Get to know people and other cultures.
- Accountability for achieving project objectives in each area.
- Rapid development of subsystems with supplier base mostly in China.
- Strategic work, combined with demands and sense of urgency in a changing environment.
- Ability to work x-functional with a holistic view.
- Develop and stimulate your team members to achieve excellent performance.
- As we have assignments for both Swedish and international clients daily and weekly commuting may occur.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who has:
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Relevant experience within development in Automotive Business.
- Possibility to work with Chinese customers.
- English and Swedish, both written and spoken.
- Preferably experience from Chassis development.
- You should have a driver license.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Be a team player with ability to understand a team and relations.
- Have ability to plan and prioritize.
- Have business and technical skills.
- Have a highly structured working approach.
- Be able to “navigate” in complex organizational/political structures within different cultures.
- Take responsibility for decisions and deliveries.
- Be a humble, patient and results-oriented winner.
- Have Passion for driving/participating in project work.
We provide our customers with sustainable innovations within Automotive R&D and search for the most skilled people in the business, to work with us in developing the future automotive industry.
Are you passionate about technical development? We offer the best candidates a great career opportunity in an innovative, dynamic and experienced multi-project environment.
Please submit your application already today, we handle the applications continuously.
Section Manager Project Management and Chassis & Vehicle Dynamics