Procurement Manager - Market & site onshore development
As the company’s ambitions for growth in renewable energy increases, the demand for procurement expertise continues to grow. We are thus looking to increase the size of our wind onshore procurement team with a Procurement Manager – Market & site onshore development.
As a Procurement Manager – Market & site onshore development, you will have a significant impact on Vattenfall realizing its transition to a more sustainable energy portfolio by securing the necessary equipment and services at best value for the company. You will be engaging with the supply chain to define procurement strategies as well as identify innovative market approaches to best support projects local acceptance and maximize the company’s profitability. You will work in an environment where you deal with many stakeholders internally and externally to drive value from Vattenfall’s’ supply chain for the business.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Drive tendering activities including, tendering, evaluation, negotiation and preparing contract award decisions for onshore wind projects, ensuring best value and compliance with the Vattenfall objectives and principles.
- Steer the project team through the procurement process from design of tender until contract award.
- Challenge the project teams in case of perceived over- or under-specification of technical, commercial or legal requirements.
- Ensure continuous improvement and knowledge sharing is captured and brought from project to project and is reflected in the contracts.
- Identify new and/or implement suitable procurement approaches to stimulate increased local content and shape community acceptance of onshore wind energy while supporting the LEC ambition trajectory.
- Lead activities to negotiate and/or improve contract standards with key suppliers.
- Support the development of onshore wind procurement, taking part in improvement initiatives from time-to-time.
Your profile as a Procurement Manager
- A relevant University degree or equal, with a minimum of 3 years of experience working with procurement -preferably within renewables, oil and gas, or similar complex industries
- Ability to work in autonomy and take the initiative, while encouraging team work. You have a “Can do” mentality
- Good awareness of onshore projects development challenges to reduce consenting risks, from project inception till financial close
- Experience in contracting services such as EIA, surveys and early construction design
- Good understanding of people and culture working across multiple business functions and locations
- Knowledge of wind onshore projects development processes, and experience of driving change towards lean processes and ensures adoption and improvement of defined standards
- Good negotiation experience on standards forms of contract
- Strong command of English, both verbally and written
As a person you are a proactive strategic thinker with a ‘win-win’ mindset who finalizes the activities you are running, and that you are an effective communicator at both senior level as well as towards Project Managers of the organization with superior interpersonal skills, proven commercial mindset and an excellent ability to build networks.
This position can be based in one of our core locations (Stockholm, Hamburg, London or Amsterdam). This position require a significant amount of travel in peak times.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life – day after day. With around 20.000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society – people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities like solar PV and batteries. Today we develop, construct and operate wind generation in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. In addition, we have a clear strategy to develop our solar PV and battery operations further.
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page, no later than January 7th. For more information about the recruitment process you can contact Madelaine Boomgaarden, Corporate Recruiter, email@example.com.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable, efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
We are looking forward to your application!
Dela detta jobb