Nuclear Safety Assessor
We are looking for a Nuclear Safety Assessor to join our team CINSO (Corporate Independent Nuclear Safety Oversight).
CINSO continuously monitor Vattenfall nuclear safety performance, in addition reviews are systematically performed in planned areas at site and corporate level.
CINSO gives advice based on an independent and diversified view to the CEO of Vattenfall. The independent oversight work should enable the CEO to be well-informed in matters that may have consequences on nuclear safety and performance. CINSO also provide information to the CNO (Chief Nuclear Officer) and the license holders on the stations nuclear safety performance through its reports.
CINSO furthermore administers the Nuclear Safety Council and holds a “Whistle Blowing” function i.e. anyone within the Vattenfall organisation may contact CINSO regarding concerns on nuclear related safety issues. The Nuclear Safety Council gives advice to the CEO in nuclear safety and performance matters from an external perspective.
Your responsibilities as Nuclear Safety Assessor
In this role, you will be one of a team of Nuclear Safety Assessors within Vattenfall. This team gathers data and information about nuclear safety and performance by following the business through meetings, documentation and doing field observations as well as performing targeted reviews individually or in teams. Based on these assessments and second-level analyses, recommendations are given to the executive management. You will focus on one or two of the organisations subject to CINSOs Independent Oversight (primarily Forsmarks NPP) but you will also participate in more generic activities covered by the CINSO oversight program.
Depending on your background your work will include:
• Perform field observations and maintain personal contacts with the organisation being overseen.
• Report facts and assessments periodically.
• Participate in CINSOs independent reviews.
• Present results of assessments to reviewed organisations and senior management.
• Facilitate development of CINSOs annual plan.
• Contribute in various ways to assessment meetings in the CINSO team.
• Participate in development of the independent oversight work in alignment with international best practices
• Participate in internal and external benchmarking.
• Arrange and participate in seminars to promote the development of independent oversight
• You will also keep extensive contacts with relevant functions within BA Generation, especially with local safety departments.
• Participate in international networks on independent oversight
• Participate, as an external expert, in reviews of other utilities
Your qualifications as Nuclear Safety Assessor
• Relevant education/university degree or extensive experience to compensate missing education
• Broad experience within area of nuclear safety and nuclear plant operations
• Experience from more than one nuclear department/location
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in Swedish and English
• Communicative and trustworthy approach, verbal and written
• Courage to confront difficult issues with the appropriate response
• High integrity, co-operative and open-minded
• Structured approach
• Strong analytical skills
Location: Forsmark NPP and Arenastaden, Solna
We welcome your application , including CV and cover letter through the portal, last day to apply 6th of December 2020. Selection and interviews are held after last application date. We do not accept applications through email.
For information about the position please contact Eva Pettersson (Head of CINSO) +46 73 830 83 43. For information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Shala Jamshid, Shala.Jamshid@vattenfall.com You are also welcome to contact CINSO Team members: Tim Lundström +46 70 680 89 09 Magnus Törmänen +4672 718 54 92, Ana Belen Perez +46 70 517 47 83
Trade union representatives in Sweden Rolf Olsson (Akademikerna), Lars-Erik Näsman (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
“At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.”
“Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure are many of our positions security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.”
We offer you a flexible and warm work environment, a diverse group in age, gender, and nationalities where everyone is on an equal footing. A team of considerable freedom to shape your own day-to-day activities and the opportunity to work in an exciting and changing technical field of strategic importance to the company. At Vattenfall we put highest priority to enable a good balance between work and private life.
Dela detta jobb