NPR Capex Procurement Manager Nordics
Implement procurement excellence and spend-down in multisite Nordics region in challenging Capex investment environment
AkzoNobel Specialty Chemicals (AN SC) provides a wide range of high quality and sustainable ingredients that are integral to numerous key industrial processes worldwide. Thus we serve high profile customers in sectors including paints, detergents, foods, plastics, cosmetics, construction, pulp and paper, pharmaceuticals, electronics, agro and oilfield applications. AN SC has € 5 bln revenue, 9.500 employees, five business lines, and 67 manufacturing sites.
Our NPR Procurement organization is committed to the highest standards of NPR (non-product related) Procurement and aims to deliver best-in-class services that support AN SC’s strategic objectives by continuously improving our NPR spend-down program. In order to achieve this we are strengthening and centralizing NPR Procurement to better leverage its commercial buying power, increase procurement involvement in CapEx projects, and better fit our current and future business needs.
For the region Nordics (2000fte) we are searching for two (2):
NPR Capex Procurement Managers
You will join a 150-employee Global NPR organization. 20 of them works in the Nordics region The Department offers a working environment full of real opportunities for professional development as we enhance our specialization at operational and strategic levels. As such, this role demands the motivation necessary to deliver results that will underscore the strong impact of procurement on the company’s strategy.
The role and its responsibilities
• You lead and drive all procurement activities for medium and large CapEx projects throughout initiation, study phase, pre-project phase, detailed engineering and execution phase;
• Secure early involvement of procurement and take an active role in the budgeting estimation process as well as provide recommendation for project delivery models providing a holistic view of benefits or disadvantages;
• Actively participate within project team in a constructive manner to find the best solutions taking concepts such as Total Cost of Ownership and Landed cost into account as well as different constraints and requirements;
• Provide detailed knowledge of the market and supplier alternatives to the projects and provide solid recommendations by utilizing the knowledge of the regional category management team;
• Propose different solutions and provide pros and cons of different alternatives and work with project team to identity risks and constraints and come up with mitigation plans;
• Lead negotiations for medium and large projects and set up project specific contracts with suppliers including with all relevant clauses, guarantees, etc.;
• Work with supplier and project members to secure timely delivery of agreed services or products.
• Work with and be part of project teams and other stakeholder to identify total cost of ownership solutions to maximize long term asset utilization;
• Take part of the decision making process for the project delivery model offering a clear view of the benefits or disadvantages of different options making sure that the procurement view is incorporated in the agreed project strategy and final decisions;
• Work with the category managers within the region and other to identify best cost country sourcing alternatives taking landed cost into consideration;
• Balance and manage sourcing constraints within the project by actively engage with stakeholders and suppliers to find the best solution;
• Actively engage early in the pre-project phases to define budget, identify potential suppliers and agree on the ideal delivery model;
• Actively work to identify and mitigate risks within the project and secure a solid handover to the tactical site buying team at the point of commissioning;
• Build project procurement expertise and use as best practices within region also seeking knowledge and inspiration in the external market;
• Represents the Business both inside and outside AkzoNobel; builds and maintains a network of business contacts in support of organizational objectives; conducts business in a responsible and ethical manner;
• Manage the EPC(M) contractor on the Purchasing part where applicable;
• Assure procurement guidelines are implemented within project organization;
• Manage supplier related risks within the project.
To apply for this position you must possess all the following attributes:
• Bachelor of science in Engineering is preferred or another relevant discipline, or comparable professional experience;
• Minimum 7 years procurement experience, project management experience is considered a plus;
• Experience working on medium to large size industrial projects in an international environment, preferred;
• Good leadership skills and ability to build and maintain teams and networks;
• Ability to form and lead cross functional teams in international environment;
• Strong negotiating skills and ability to influence and engage people;
• Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts;
• Highly effective with stakeholder management and capability to build strong relationship internally and externally;
• Ability to analyze data and technical requirements and efficiently communicate and sell concepts to stakeholders;
• Solid understanding of different project phases and key deliverables;
• Ability to manage and deliver on targets and adapt solutions and strategies accordingly to reach the wanted result;
• Team player mind set with the ability to navigate in complex project organizations;
• Analytical skills with ability to capture total economic impact of multiple business alternatives;
• Ability to manage conflicting business interests, high work pace and to manage deadlines;
• Understanding and experience of cultural diversity;
• Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access;
• Strong negotiating skills and ability to influence and engage people.
Language Skills: Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset.
Travel: Regular travel expected
Preferred location: Stockvik or Bohus
For further information, please contact Mark van Gaal, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 (0)636035596. Only online applications will be accepted, please go to the vacancy section of www.akzonobel.nl/careers, reference 180002H4 or use the ‘apply’ link.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the application process.
Agency or sales calls are not appreciated