Origination seeks business opportunities in Vattenfall’s traded markets in order to mitigate risk and realize business potential. The focus is on structured energy commodity transactions and non-standard contracts, where Origination acts as the single interface to the market. The Nordic Origination team manage contracts with large industrial energy consumers, power purchase agreements with renewable electricity generators, transactions backed by Vattenfall’s generation assets and other non-standard product & services that leverage Vattenfall’s trading set up and capabilities.
• Originate new business in wholesale electricity and related commodities according to the needs of Vattenfall’s portfolio and in line with Vattenfall’s strategy.
• Explore and identify market opportunities and develop strategies for realization.
• Negotiate structured deals with large industrials, renewable investors, energy companies and trading houses, in accordance with Vattenfall’s capabilities.
• Lead deal process including mgmt. approval and alignment with key stakeholders.
• Create, develop and maintain long-term counterparty relationships.
We expect that you are
• Identifying business opportunities and originate leads and close deals that fit Vattenfall´s strategic ambitions
• Able to work independently and act as Vattenfall´s link to the wholesale market
• Capable of managing demanding timelines and high quality requirements in dialogue with customers and internal mgmt. and stakeholders.
• Comfortable cooperating with sales force, trading department, risk management, legal, credit, back-office and finance functions.
• Capable of coordinating and leading deal approval process within Vattenfall, up to board level.
The role and kind of activities will require close cooperation with other Business Units, Business Divisions and Support Functions and the capability to maneuver within a complex and challenging environment.
• Academic degree – technical or economical, Master of Science or higher
• A proven track record in a similar role within the energy or banking sector
• An extensive network in the Nordic energy markets.
• Excellent and deep understanding of the energy market.
• Experience from working in international environment.
• Professional proficiency in at least one Scandinavian language.
• Fluency in English required, both spoken and written.
• Willingness to travel on regular basis.
You as our preferred candidate hold a visionary mind, have strong analytical capabilities and an entrepreneurial attitude. All this combined with a positive and solutions oriented mindset and high integrity as well as courage. Others describe you as a person that build trust and engages and also as a skilled communicator, both orally and in written.
Location Preferred location Stockholm/Solna
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity & inclusion helps building a more attractive, efficient, customer centric and profitable company. Therefore we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, religious belief, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact recruiting manager Johan Hagsten +46 76 139 64 38 . For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Peter Blixter +46 72 237 32 02.
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Lars Erik Näsman (Unionen) and Sven Gunnar Gremlin (Akademikerna). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall switchboard +46 8 739 50 00
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter via the link further down the page, no later than June 9th 2019.
We look forward to your application!
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure, many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. Vattenfall’s main products are electricity, heat and gas. Vattenfall’s vision is to develop a sustainable, diversified European energy portfolio with long-term increased profits and significant growth opportunities. At the same time, Vattenfall will be fossil free within one generation.