Size of thesis project:
• 2 students
The project intends to map the technical change process currently in place at Atlas Copco Industrial Technique Nacka: -For what is it used? Are there any bottlenecks and if so where? -Propose steps to simplify and or align the process with the business set-up.
Atlas Copco is one of the oldest discrete manufacturing companies in Sweden with a long tradition. The technical change process in use today within Industrial Technique has evolved over many years to its current form, not always questioned and often taken for granted. This project aims to audit its usage, the process as a whole and challenge it.
Your mission is to:
1. Identify its usage
2. Perform a Value Stream Mapping (VSM) of the process, identify bottlenecks, waste, lead-time etc..
3. Suggest and motivate improvement areas in the flow and visualize that in a future state VSM.
Relevant educational backgrounds:
• Mechanical engineering
• Industrial management
• Product development
• Operations management
Level of thesis project:
• Master thesis
- Understanding of what a PLM system is and how it fits in a large organization
- Experience in how a PLM system is used in large organisations.
- Understanding of what Value stream mapping is
- Experience of how to conduct Value stream mapping
To deliver a successful project we also believe that you:
- Are curious and don't shy away from asking the “Why?” question to get to the root cause of things.
- Are able to see and understand how abstract things interact.
- Are able to visualize complex matters both for yourself and others.
- As you will need to interact with a lot of people from different parts in our organization you need to be comfortable with making new acquaintances.
Our office is located in Sickla, Stockholm.
As this is a project position for studies and not an employment, it does not qualify for seeking a work permit. We can therefore only accept applications from students who are either attending Swedish universities or are EU-citizens.
Great ideas accelerate innovation. At Atlas Copco Industrial Technique we team up with our customers to turn industrial ideas into smart manufacturing assembly solutions and innovative industrial tools. Our passionate people, expertise and service bring sustainable value to industries everywhere.
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com