Junior Analyst (m/f/d)
Do you have a curious and analytical mind and are you able to work with sophisticated with mathematical models? And are you a natural communicator who likes to take on a coordinating role? Do you like programming models? We might have an interesting position for you!
For our office in Stockholm we are looking for top talents (m/f/d) to join us as Junior Analyst in the Value Forecasting & Optimization department. The department‘s models enable the integration of ever higher amounts of renewable energy sources into the exiting power system.
As a Junior Analyst you will work in a team of analysts on developing new trading and asset optimization algorithms for our 24/7 computer trading. Our models cover the entire value chain automating both dispatch and trading decisions and all the steps to execute them.
The role is hybrid, so you will also have 20% of your time in operational shifts together with the physical trading department getting first hand trading experience and supervising our algos in production.
You will be working in the Analysis department in Operations. Operations is responsible for providing Analysis, IT, Energy Trading and Risk Management and Project Management support to the Vattenfall Assets and Trading Division – the mission is to enable business. Operations is consisting of highly skilled employees with backgrounds ranging from mathematics, engineering, economics, IT to project management.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Junior Analyst:
- Development of models for physical power trading and asset optimization.
- Run the models as part of the physical power trading shift
- Help Vattenfall to optimally steer its wind portfolio and dispatch its hydro and conventional assets
- Supporting Front Office in operating the models and taking in their change requests
- Proactively seeking opportunities to constantly improve operational processes.
Our ideal Junior Analyst has the following qualifications and capabilities:
- A curious and analytical mind. You enjoy thinking out of the box and taking own initiatives. You have the willingness to leave your comfort zone and learn new things.
- Able to work with sophisticated mathematical models, or are comfortable learning to do so. But at the same time, you are flexible to work on more straightforward analyses such as crunching data, if this is what is needed to support the business.
- Natural communicator and have the willingness to have direct and frequent interaction with the front office. You are happy to take initiative in interacting with our customers.
- Enthusiastic about working close with other members of the team – sharing ideas and developing models together.
- Academic degree of a relevant quantitative/financial discipline, such as econometrics, engineering, mathematics, physics or similar
- Programming knowledge – preferably Python
- Fluent in English. Swedish is a plus.
Where are you going to work?
Operational Unit Operations (OU) is part of the Business Area Markets . Markets maximizes the value of Vattenfall’s portfolio by optimizing and dispatching, hedging and sourcing for Vattenfall’s assets and sales positions. We offer power purchase agreements to operators of wind or solar parks, optimize 3rd party batteries and enter into origination deals within the B2B segment. We serve as Vattenfall’s single market access to energy commodity markets trading in electricity, emissions, fuels, freight, and renewable certificates. We are responsible for generating profits by taking positions within defined risk mandates and limits. We are active across Europe with more than 560 professionals working from Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands, and Denmark.
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Are you interested? Send us your motivation letter and CV before the 15th of August 2021. For more information about the recruitmentprocess you can contact Daniel Nilsson, recruiter, +46722429485.
Due to COVID-19 we adapted our application process to the current conditions. Interviews regarding this position will be conducted via video conference. Do you have any questions about the application process or how we deal with COVID-19? Please visit our FAQ list in advance.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Dela detta jobb