Epiroc will future increase the focus on improving the supplier management for the Category Hydraulic.
We are therefore looking for a Global Category Manager Hydraulic with the mission and ambition together with the division sourcing organizations, to develop/build-up a global key supplier base for hydraulic with the focus on improve availability, improve the risk mitigation and optimize the cost.
This positions reports to the Epiroc Purchasing Council Chairperson, but will get the Mission and direction frequently from the Epiroc Purchasing Council members.
The main mission will be to:
- Support the overall Epiroc Sourcing strategy in the growth ambition and to achieve efficiency
- Build up Category Hydraulic Epiroc team, participants from all interested units/divisions
- Create spend transparency, collecting full baseline including largest sites
- Create Category strategies, including: Supplier base and market analysis, Cost driver analysis, Supplier risk analysis, Strategy, KPIs etc.
- Define cost saving project set up, incl. defining central vs decentral activities, and agree on category lead mandate
- Establish cross-functional teams, led by purchasing
- Implement benefit tracking and reporting
- Start-up total COST reduction projects with our Key suppliers within the hydraulic category, including Sourcing levers and Product development(R&D)
Travel is required occasionally.
Educational and experience requirements
University degree with some years of experience from strategic sourcing and project management.
The ideal candidate should also have a strong customer focus and a solid supply chain understanding.
Good command of English (verbal and written) is a must.
Personality requirements and Core Competencies
We are looking for a dynamic and result oriented person with an openness to changes and who works pro-actively. In order to be successful, you must have a high level of personal drive and strong analytical skills. This position requires very strong communication skills to negotiate with suppliers, work effectively via teleconferences with global team members, and work closely with local colleagues, and present performance results to upper management.
You have a great ability to work in teams and good leadership skills.
On top of this you have a positive attitude and you firmly believe that there is always a better way!
Country and city description
Type of employment Tillsvidareanställning
Contract type Full time
Number of positions 1
Working hours 100%
Reference number 2018/21
For more information about this position please contact:
Vice President Strategic Purchasing MRS
Log in to the recruitment system My Network on Varbi. If you are new to the system, you need to start by making a profile. Dont forget to attach your CV and a short letter about your-self, describing why you are applying for this role. Please note that we do not accept applications via email.
Send your application as soon as possible