Distribution Network Optimization Expert
Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining, infrastructure and natural resources industries. With cuttingedge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction equipment, and provides world-class service and consumables. The company was founded in Stockholm, Sweden, and has passionate people supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries.
We offer a unique opportunity to form a position from the start in a new, global, world leading company. On February 21, 2019, an important step was announced regarding our Excellerate! journey towards making supply chain a competitive advantage for Epiroc. Over the coming month we will take steps to unite our supply chain organizations for Mining and Rock Excavation Service and Rock Drilling Tools. At the same time we will create a Global Master Data and Trade Compliance organization. Uniting the supply chains serving both Rock Drilling Tools and Mining and Rock Excavation Service will create synergies between the two divisions and unlock opportunities to build world-class capabilities at scale.
Are you in for the big challenge?
The mission of the Distribution Network Optimization Expert is to ensure that an optimal network is implemented and maintained for both Mining and Rock Excavation Service and Rock Drilling Tools divisions.
Be the owner of the network design and optimization methodology
- Own the network optimization methodology as defined during the 2018-2020 Excellerate! Program.
- Keep the methodology up to date with the latest evolutions
- Be the owner of the LLamasoft software application, or any application that is proposed and accepted in a later stage by Epiroc
- Responsible to follow regular update trainings of the network optimization software to remain up to date with the latest evolutions
Network modelling/restructuring planning for all remaining regions (temporary focus until end 2020, until the roll out of Excellerate! Program)
In close cooperation with representatives of the region:
- Collect and process data and understand current state
- Identify and evaluate potential future network options
- Assess impact on warehouse capacity
- Run what-if scenarios
- Evaluate Make vs. Buy for warehouse operations
- Develop financial business case and implementation plan
- Write intermediate and final report and present to management
Maintain optimal distribution network for Epiroc taking into account customer evolutions and mergers and
- Collect quantitative information on potential changes that may impact the distribution network structure
- Identify and evaluate potential future network options or modifications to the existing network
Education and experience
- Degree in Supply Chain
- Operational research background is a nice-to-have
- At least 10 years in global supply chain management (domestic and international experience)
- Experience with large data sets and processing
- Experience in network optimization, location strategy, business case development
- Experienced professional with track record of managing projects in a global organization
- Report writing and presentation skills
To enjoy the work as Global Distribution Network Optimization Experts,it is important that you have the ability to communicate at senior and executive level, highly analytical on decision making and have adaptability to fast changing scenarios.
In this position you will have many contacts both internally and externally, so good cooperation, interpersonal and communications skills are required to do the job.
Epiroc sees different personalities, ethnic origin, gender, age, skills and experience as an asset. We see that the differences make the birth of new ideas and improvements, and this leads to innovation and sustained, long-term results.
Country and city description
This positions location is to be decided, preferably Örebro or Fagersta, and reports to the Global Distribution Operations Manager. In this position occasional travel is required.
Please apply as soon as possible but no later than 2019-05-29. To apply for the position you need to create an account in our recruitment system. We only accept applications in the system.
Do you want to know more about the job?
Please contact recruiting manager, VP Supply Chain MR, Hans Kuehn.
Telephone: +46 (0) 72 084 09 79
Other questions, please contact Helena Fiedler, Recruitment Specialist.
Telephone: +46 (0) 70 591 90 33
Epiroc is a leading productivity partner for the mining and infrastructure industries. With
cutting-edge technology, Epiroc develops and produces innovative drill rigs, rock excavation and construction
equipment, and provides world-class service and consumables. The company was founded in Stockholm,
Sweden, and has passionate people supporting and collaborating with customers in more than 150 countries.
Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com.