Dam Safety Controller-Vattenfall
Do you want to shape the future?
We are now looking for the right person to fill the position as Dam Safety Controller and work in our Staff Function Fleet Development. You will report to the director of Satefy and Requirements and be supporting the Head of Business Area Generation within Vattenfall.
At Vattenfall, we believe climate change is one of the most significant challenges of our time and have decided for a clear goal – Fossil Free Living within One Generation! Are you trustworthy, collaborative and have a strong business insight? Join us as our new Dam Safety Controller.
Vattenfall owns and operates 326 dams around 112 reservoirs for hydropower purposes in Sweden, Germany, Finland and the Netherlands. 77 of the dams are large according to ICOLD. 88 of the dams would in case of failure imply risk of loss of life and other consequences at national (Sweden) and regional scale.
The Dam Safety Controller is expected to act independently with regards to the operations at the Business Units and the Vattenfall Group, in order to strive for the ambitions stated in the Vattenfall Dam Safety Policy.
While much of the work is centered around the planning and reporting around the Dam Safety Committee, the role also includes ad hoc controlling initiatives involving the Business Units owning and operating dams.
As Dam Safety Controller you will be:
• part of the internal control of Vattenfall
• responsible for drafting and supporting the Business Units in the implementation of the Dam Safety Policy as well as the instructions on Dam Safety Governance, Dam Safety Committee, and Dam Safety Management Requirements
• secretary in the Dam Safety Committee and responsible for drafting the Dam Safety Committee’s Annual Report
• nominating a specialist external from the Business Units owning or operating dams to be part of the Dam Safety Committee
• responsible to draft the Annual Dam Safety Report to the Vattenfall Board of Directors, to be finalized together with the CEO of Vattenfall and the Head of Business Area Generation as well as the dam owners
• responsible for presenting the Dam Safety situation annually to the Vattenfall Board of Directors
Your background and skills:
To be successful in the role we believe you have:
• a background in dam safety and experience from larger hydropower companies
• experience from dam safety work as a consultant or at a dam safety department
• an interest in and experience from developing dam safety management systems
• an advanced level of Swedish and English
We offer a developing and significant work together with experienced and competent colleagues. A job where your efforts become an important contribution to a BA Generation in continuous improvement.
Diversity and inclusion – in everything we do
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Location: Flexible, but regular travels to Vattenfall head quarters in Solna will be required.
Welcome with your application. Last day to apply is October 13th 2021. Selection and interviews are held after last application date.
For more information about the position, please contact manager Desirée Comstedt 073 985 22 34.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact recruiter Carolina Bölander, 073 431 12 60.
Trade union representatives in Sweden:
Akademikerna– Rolf Ohlsson, Unionen – Anders Bohlin, Ledarna– Christer Gustafsson. To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall’s switchboard +468-739 50 00.
Vattenfall BA Generation is responsible for Vattenfall’s nuclear operations in Sweden and Germany, our Hydro operations in Sweden, Finland and Germany, and Services Nordic in Sweden and Finland. BA Generation are leading in safe and efficient low CO2 emitting hydro and nuclear energy production, on a large scale and we are about 7 000 employees.
One of Vattenfall’s strategic objectives for 2025 is to have a sustainable production, with a low emitting, flexible generation portfolio. BA Generation is key to reaching this objective. Our vision is to be leading in secure and efficient low CO2 emitting hydro and nuclear energy production, on a large scale.
Vattenfall is a critical part of Sweden’s infrastructure and as such subject to a number of specific rules and regulations, in example security protection, nuclear non-proliferation and export controls. For these reasons there is an approval process prior to employment for a large number of positions. In addition, if candidates have applied for positions which will give them access to sensitive information or secured premises they must undergo a security vetting process in accordance with the Swedish Security Protection Act. #LI-CB1
Dela detta jobb