"We provide technologies to enable a greener maritime industry".
Since 2010, Yara Marine Technologies has been at the forefront of maritime emissions reduction, working closely with ship-owners, yards, and naval architects as partners in our effort to drive the change towards sustainable shipping. Today, Yara Marine offers a portfolio of green technologies, such as SOx scrubbers, fuel optimization systems, turnkey shore power solutions, and the cutting-edge, advanced wind-assisted propulsion system WindWings. Yara Marine is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices in Sweden, Poland, and China.
Do you want to be part of the journey to ensure a healthy planet for future generations? We are looking for a Commissioning Engineer to join our team in Gothenburg.
Travel the globe, explore new environments and experience challenges. As Commissioning engineer, this is what you will do. It can be a ship in the Caribbean, an offshore platform in the arctic or in your office with your colleagues solving tomorrow´s problems with your technical knowledge. As a Commissioning Engineer you will be the on-site representative during start-up, commissioning and service. The Commissioning Engineer ensure the systems operate as designed and constructed and make recommendations to improve efficiency and system performance.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Commissioning of fuel optimization systems
- Visits to vessels and customers to define projects
- Installation and commissioning of systems onboard vessels
- Adapting the systems and manuals for specific vessels
- Education of crew and other involved parties
- Documentation of projects
- Create follow-up reports for finished projects, and present these to the customer
- Aid in service and support issues and support administration and logging of support issues
Background and skills:
- Technical understanding of ships and automation systems onboard ships
- Bachelor´s degree within technical field is an advantage - marine focused is preferable
- Experience within the marine industry is preferable
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- If you speak Swedish that is an advantage
- The position is located in our Gothenburg office but requires extensive travels to ships, yards, and customers.
As a person, you are creative with strong problem-solving skills and ability to think methodically when working on projects. To enjoy this position, you prefer to work in an including atmosphere. The Fast-paced international environment is where you use your combination in analytical and driven skills to deliver in time with good quality. Furthermore, you are service minded and strives to ensure and maintain good customer relations.
What we offer:
Yara Marine offers the opportunity to be a part of a market leading innovative global company at the fore front of green technologies for ships. An open and inspiring environment where your energy will make a difference.
Yara Marine is committed in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing to do, but also the smart thing to do.
Dela detta jobb