Animal Technician deltidsuppdrag
Modis is a staffing & recruiting company and is part of the Adecco Group, the world´s leading HR-solutions provider across 60 countries. This scale and scope ensures Modis is truly a global community. Our mission is to be the Leading Professional Services Company by finding the right match between you as a candidate and you as a customer. We are a team with various and complementary backgrounds within Life Science, Engineering and Technology. We can ensure that we understand our customer needs and we can ensure that we understand the competence-profiles of our applicants and candidates.
We are now looking for an Animal Technician to AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. This is a part-time consultancy assignment lasting until 2019-12-31. If you think this sounds interesting, please send your application as soon as possible. Deadline to apply is feb 25.
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The functional department - Laboratory Animal Sciences (LAS) delivers internal in-vivo studies, breeding transgenic mouse strains, daily animal care and welfare that is compliant to internal standards and external regulations. Principles of the 3Rs are applied to all aspects of animal care and study conduction. LAS ensures our license to operate internally and manages our external animal welfare environment.
This is a temporary assignment lasting until 2019-12-31.
• Responsible for the care and welfare of laboratory animals and routine facility operations tasks including cage changing.
• Applies technical knowledge and expertise to achieve project targets in a timely fashion and to agreed quality standards
• Is required to work flexibly across different areas, and may participate in provision of weekend and out of hours support.
• Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), quality and compliance standards, e.g. Good Laboratory Standard (GLS)
• Will exhibit good work behaviors especially in the areas of working collaboratively as well as have the ability to work independently and demonstrating a commitment to customers and integrity
• Work effectively within time lines and problem-solving skills related to in-vivo research
• Laboratory Animal education by NCLASET or other relevant LAS course
• Experience in animal handling and working with animal research