About the company
ÅF is an engineering and consulting company for the energy, industrial and infrastructure markets, creating progress for our clients since 1895. By connecting technologies we provide profitable, innovative and sustainable solutions to shape the future and improve people's lives. Building on our strong base in Europe, our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF – Innovation by experience.
About the job
ÅF has more than 1 500 engineers working in the international automotive industry. We have extensive experience in executing on-site as well as outsourced assignments and is running 10 automotive customer satellites. Our customers are mainly in Sweden, Brazil, UK, and China where we also have subsidiaries and offices.
We are looking for “Senior Vehicle Concept Engineers” who is responsible for:
- Lead the Mechanical Integration work in the pre-designated vehicle area or zone, for all platforms and programs
- To follow up the cross functional mechanical integration, issue resolution and verification progress in the feasibility, concept and styling convergence processes.
- Concept and system development/geometric integration across the development units product design (Body & Closures/ Exterior/ Interior/Chassi/ EE/ PWT etc) and manufacturing within their Vehicle Zone.
- To secure that all relevant geometrical conflicts and issues at complete vehicle level are solved.
- To secure that Zone deliveries follow program plans, the generic Vehicle Integration Plan
- To perform key system and vehicle benchmarking on competitors.
- To develop relevant methods and tools within the area of competence.
- 100% feasible and integrated vehicle from a geometric perspective.
- Hard point criteria, package/concept layouts and sections.
- Compatibility and feasibility tracking documents
- Liaising and leading complete vehicle issue resolution with module / component engineering and suppliers
- Producing reports in applicable forums and Gateways to highlight concept/packaging issues and progress
- Managing and planning Zone team workload to ensure packaging objectives and timing is met
Who are you?
The following attributes are required:
- Min 6-8yrs, OEM experience within Vehicle Integration/ Packaging/ Design Studio Engineering positions
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of developing concepts and defining criteria/attributes at a complete vehicle level from initial framing through to serial release.
- Good leadership, communication, organisational and prioritising skills.
- Deep knowledge of:
- all stages and deliverables of the typical Vehicle Development Process
- Driver & Occupant setups & layouts, Accommodation & Roominess
- all vehicle components systems and manufacturing processes
- Flexible, motivated, Creative, Pro-active and able to drive issues through to a balanced resolution.
- High skills in CATIA/ NX, Vis MockUp, and Team Centre at OEM level
- Has good working knowledge of PC tools e.g. Power Point, Word & Excel
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- BEng/MEng in Automotive preferred
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of ÅF’s success story. Are you passionate about technology development? Do you like to work together to find the best solution? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern workplace with challenging assignments and exciting projects all over the world.
The ÅF Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers. At ÅF you will be involved in developing innovative and sustainable solutions within infrastructure, energy and industry. We are always looking for the sharpest skills that can create a future society together with us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will learn from you.