About the company
ÅF is an engineering and consulting company for the energy, industrial and infrastructure markets, creating progress for our clients since 1895. By connecting technologies we provide profitable, innovative and sustainable solutions to shape the future and improve people's lives. Building on our strong base in Europe, our business and clients are found all over the world.
ÅF – Innovation by experience.
About the job
ÅF´s Hydro Power business consist of over 250 staff, working on many exciting projects worldwide. The core of the business is the planning, design and construction management of hydro-electric power plants, multi-purpose projects and dams, including studies to enhance optimum compatibility with the environment and the fulfilment of increasing safety requirements.
To further strengthen our environmental team, we are currently seeking for a Principal Environmental Engineer. As the Principal Environmental Engineer, you will have a combination of technical & business development responsibilities involving:
- Manage and co-ordinate environmental regulatory permit processes including preparation and/or review of environmental reports and other deliverables in compliance with Swedish environmental regulations, e.g. feasibility studies and environmental impact assessments;
- Manage environmental due diligence assessments;
- Provide clients with expert advice and guidance in questions related to environmental regulations;
- Monitor new environmental legislation, statutory guidance and policies that may affect hydro power projects;
- Support the growth of ÅF´s business through identifying and following up new business opportunities, meeting potential clients and building external and internal networks.
The primary focus for this position is on Swedish clients and the Swedish market. However, as we are involved in many projects worldwide, we do also provide opportunities to work on international assignments.
Who are you?
We are looking for a fully qualified professional with extensive experience in providing comprehensive ESIA and environmental due diligence services to clients within the hydro power sector. You possess the following competences:
- A degree in an environment related science;
- Good knowledge of the Swedish environmental regulatory framework;
- Strong written communication and oral skills in English and Swedish, more languages are an advantage;
- Strong coordination and project management skills;
- Strong client and stakeholder relationship building skills;
- Good understanding of client and business needs;
- Willingness to travel for short missions to site and branch offices.
The following skills and experiences are advantageous:
- Experience of working to international standards and requirements;
- Experience in managing customer relationships.
We are looking for someone who wants to be part of ÅF’s success story. Are you passionate about technology development? Do you like to work together to find the best solution? Then we can offer you career opportunities in a modern workplace with challenging assignments and exciting projects all over the world.
The ÅF Group is ranked as one of Sweden’s most popular employer among engineers. At ÅF you will be involved in developing innovative and sustainable solutions within infrastructure, energy and industry. We are always looking for the sharpest skills that can create a future society together with us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will learn from you.